Non-EU citizens must apply for a student visa at the competent Italian Consulate in their home country.
For information on the visa procedure, please refer to the online visa portal on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation: Il visto per l'Italia (esteri.it).
- Entry visa application form.
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Travel document valid for at least three months after visa;.
- Enrollment or pre-enrollment in a University course;.
- Proof that you have an accommodation in Italy.
- Proof that you have financial support (at least € 467,65 per month for the academic year, a total of € 6.079,45 per year);.
- Adequate insurance coverage for medical treatment and hospitalization.
- Proof of the availability of the financial means needed for repatriation.
- Proof of adequate knowledge of Italian or English according to the language of the program.
- If the student is a minor, he/she must have the consent of expatriation signed by each of the parental authorities, or in their absence, by the legal guardian.
For further information, please refer to the specific websites of the Diplomatic/Consular delegations in your country.
Submission of the required documentation does not automatically guarantee visa issuance.
Upon entering Italy and the Schengen Area, even if you have a visa, Border Authorities are authorized to check once again the documents required for the visa issue.